ROR is thrilled to announce that we are welcoming new members to the ROR Steering Group. The group now consists of the following members:
- Matt Buys, DataCite
- John Chodacki, California Digital Library
- Daniel Hook, Digital Science
- Clifford Lynch, Coalition for Networked Information
- Ritsuko Nakajima, Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Ed Pentz, Crossref
- Judy Ruttenberg, Association of Research Libraries
- Ina Smith, Academy of Science of South Africa
Approximately one year ago, a ROR project team formed as the outcome of the prior OrgID initiative to initiate a startup effort to develop the first iteration of the ROR registry. This team, a collaboration between California Digital Library, Crossref, DataCite, and Digital Science, launched the registry in January 2019.
Expanding the ROR Steering Group beyond the four organizations that launched ROR is key to driving adoption of ROR IDs, reinforcing community engagement, and supporting long-term sustainability. The Steering Group will help to guide ROR’s strategic directions and champion the use of open identifiers for research organizations across the scholarly communication landscape.